Kilgallen and Partners have fulfilled the role of lead consultant on numerous projects over the years and as a result have gained wide and very considerable experience in Contract Administration in the different forms of contract used in the construction industry today.
The services performed by us include the following:
- Employer’s Representative in respect of public works contracts for works designed by the Employer
- Employer’s Representative in respect of public works contracts for works designed by the Contractor
- Engineer in respect of construction contracts under the IEI Conditions of Contract
- Fulfilling the role of the Architect in respect of construction contracts under the RIAI Conditions of Contract (Blue & Yellow Forms).
Applying their extensive experience, Kilgallen and Partners act as advisors in respect of the procurement of construction contracts and in the preparation of contract documentation by seeking to ensure that the intentions of the Client are adequately stated prior to seeking tenders for the execution of the works.
Kilgallen and Partners advise in respect of the contract management of such projects, particularly in the areas of:
- Advising Employers on the management of claims received during the course of construction projects,
- Advising on the contractual validity of claims,
- Advising on the preparation and presentation of claims,
- Advising on the resolutions of claims issues,
- Preparation of Final Accounts,
- Preparation of Final Account Reports.
In many cases, Kilgallen and Partners have resolved claims between Employers and Contractors and between Employers and Construction Consultants through successful and timely negotiations, thus preserving business relationships and enabling projects to proceed unhindered and without recourse to formal dispute resolution tribunals.