An EIS is an assessment of the possible positive or negative impact that a proposed project may have on the environment and includes an assessment of natural, social and economic factors. The purpose of the EIS is to ensure that decision makers consider the ensuing environmental impacts when deciding whether to proceed with a project. For projects which do not meet the legal threshold for the preparation of an EIS, Planning Authorities may request the preparation of Environmental Assessment Reports which follow a similar format.
Kilgallen & Partners has significant experience in the management and delivery of environmental assessments up to and including Environmental Impact Statements.
Developments for which Kilgallen and Partners have delivered Environmental Impact Statements or Environmental Assessment Reports include:
- Borrow Pits for the M7/M8 Portlaoise-Castletown-Cullahill Motorway Scheme;
- Blessington Business and Technology Park, Co. Wicklow;
- Summerhill Mixed-Use and Residential Development, Portlaoise;
- N69 / Bolane Bends Realignment;
- N21 Killarney Pole to Barnagh Road Safety Scheme.