Kilgallen and Partners have been commissioned by a number of Local Authorities and Private Developers for the design of both pedestrian and vehicular bridges.
Recent bridge design projects include:
- The Ossory Pedestrian Bridge over the River Nore for Kilkenny County Council (completed October 2014);
- The N21 Newcastlewest Pedestrian Bridge over the River Arra for Limerick County Council (to be completed late 2014)
Ossory Pedestrian Bridge, Kilkenny
In late 2013 Kilgallen & Partners were appointed by Kilkenny County Council to design, tender and oversee construction of the Ossory Pedestrian Bridge. Upon completion in October 2014 the bridge is the longest span timber beam bridge of its kind in Europe.
- Clear Span – 33 metres
- Overall Length – 45 metres
- Construction Materials – Siberian Larch glulam bridge beams, Bangkirai timber decking, stainless steel.
- Bridge Contractor – Cedarlan Ltd., Cork
- Bridge Contractor’s Engineer – Casey O’Rourke Associates
- Enabling Works Contractor – McCarthy Brothers Ltd. of Kilkenny
Bridge Assessment and Remedial Works Design
Kilgallen and Partners provide a comprehensive service in the assessment and repair of existing bridge structures, including structural inspection, monitoring and assessment and the design of remedial/replacement works as appropriate. In many instances, structures being assessed are of masonry arch construction and of significant Heritage value.
Related projects delivered by Kilgallen and Partners include:
- Survey, Assessment, Analysis and Reporting on 23 No. bridges on the R430 for Laois County Council;
- Repair of Timahoe Road Bridge, Portlaoise;
- Replacement of Foxburrow and Bartles Bridges, Mountrath;
- Repair of Boleybeg Bridge, Abbeyleix;
- Repair of Derreen River Reinforced Concrete Bridge, Hacketstown, Co. Carlow